Terms & Conditions
Although Pick & Wicks will do their best to ensure the accuracy of all the information within this website, we shall not be liable for damages of any kind resulting from the use of this site.
- Our details
- Your responsibility for others who access our website using your device or internet connection
- Other documents governing your use of our website
- Availability of our website
- Your account details
- Ownership of material on our website
- Information and content on our website provided on non-reliance basis
- Permitted use of materials on our website
- Prohibited uses of our website
- Viruses and other harmful content
- Links to other websites
- Links to our website
- Governing law and jurisdiction
- Copyright, credit and logo
Pick & Wicks operates this website (company number 12641776). We operate under UK law. The registered office is: Ency Associates, Printware Court, Cumberland Business Centre, Portsmouth, HANTS, PO5 1DS, United Kingdom. Our contact email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Pick & Wicks currently only ships within the UK.
If you exercise your right of cancellation after the item has been shipped, please replace the item securely in its original packaging and return it to us with your shipping note. This is not a full statement of your rights under applicable distance selling legislation or under any statutory consumer protection laws applicable in your country of residence.
We hope you love your Pick & Wicks purchase but if you’ve changed your mind, then we will accept the item back with a full refund, up to 28 days after the purchase date as long as all of the products are unused and in the same condition they arrived in. Please read our policy guidelines below:
- If you would like to return your item within 28 days of receiving it then you’ll receive a full refund for your order.
- If you are returning an online order then please post back to 35 Camden Passage, N1 8EA with a print out of your email receipt, your contact details and if you would like a refund or an exchange. Pick & Wicks are not able to refund the return postage costs or accept liability for any lost posted items.
- Items must be returned unused, in the same condition that you received them and you must have a receipt for proof of purchase. They must be in original packaging with sticker sealing in place (where applicable) and in a saleable condition.
- Items that appear to have been used cannot be accepted for a refund. All items are inspected upon their return.
- Customers are entitled to a full refund up to 28 days after receiving goods if they turn out to be faulty.
- Where promotional discounts are applied to orders, the discount will be applied to each item in the basket. In the event of a return, you will not be refunded the discounted proportion.
- None of these guidelines affect your statutory rights.
If you have any feedback to share regarding your order then we kindly ask you to email our customer service team via email@example.com. Please include the details of your order.
Some of our gift packages contain items that might not be suitable for everyone to consume. Any gift packages that contain alcohol must not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18 years old. Pick & Wicks is not responsible for highlighting the ingredients in their Candle Making Kits and gift packages. It is the recipient's responsibility to check the ingredients of any products before handling or digesting them.
We'd love everyone to enjoy our Candle Making Kits but please note
- Customers under the aged of 16 years old should be supervised by an adult when taking part in Candle Making
- Candle Making is not suitable for children under the age of 10 years old
- Any additional items in our gift packages such as alcohol should not be consumed by customers under the age of 18 years old under UK law.
Third party information
We are not responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply for Pick & Wicks products are those stated on the Pick & Wicks material. We cannot vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or through any other third party. This website may contain links to sites owned and operated by third parties. These links are provided as a convenience to you and are not an endorsement by us of the products or materials on those sites. We are not responsible for the content of those sites and make no representation regarding the truth, quality or accuracy of same. Visiting the linked sites is at your own risk.
Wax refills kit promotion
- The wax refills saving promotion is valid for those who receive a discount code with a previous Pick & Wicks order
- The customer must enter the code at checkout for the discount to apply. The discount can only be used once per customer.
- The discount code is only valid on the wax refill kits and is subject to availability.
- Pick & Wicks has the right to withdraw this offer at any time.
Your responsibility for others who access our website
Other documents governing your use of our website
- Our terms of sale govern any purchases or orders you make for goods or services on our website. They set out the status of any orders placed, the contract terms relating to delivery and performance of those orders, any exclusions that apply to you and other relevant terms relating to our supply of goods, services or digital content.
- Our user content agreement sets out the terms upon which you are permitted to upload content to our website and make use of its interactive functions. It also sets out the restrictions applicable to the type of content you may upload and describes our rights and remedies in respect of such content.
Availability of our website
We make no representations and provide no warranties that:
- the website will be made available at any specific time or from any specific geographical location;
- your access to the website will be continuous or uninterrupted; or
- the website will be accessible or optimised on all browsers, computers, tablets, phones or viewing platforms.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the website for any reason, including for business or operational reasons, such as improving the appearance or functionality of the website, content updates, periodic maintenance, or to resolve any issues that we become aware of. Wherever we anticipate that we need to suspend access to the website for a considerable period of time, we will try to provide you with prior notice where reasonably practicable.
- Our website is provided for users in the United Kingdom only. Although it may be possible to access the website from other countries, we make no representation that our website is compliant with any legal requirements in force in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom, or that the content available on the website will be appropriate for users in other countries or states.
- to reflect any changes in the way we carry out our business;
- to account for any changes we make to our website, including, without limitation, any new features or functionality we provide, any adjustments to the means by which we provide notices to you, or any changes in the content, purpose or availability of the website;
- to accurately describe our current data-processing activities so that you are kept up to date with our latest practices;
- to ensure that our documentation complies and remains compliant with any and all current and future applicable laws, regulations and official guidance.
Your account details
If we provide you with account information such as a user name, identification number, account code and/or password, you must keep such information confidential and secret and not disclose it to anyone. All account information is provided for use of the named account holder only, and not for any other person. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your account information to any third party.
Where we provide you with the option to select your own login information, including a password, we recommend that you supply login information unique to your own use of this website, and do not use information from other accounts you may hold with other websites or any easily discoverable information about you. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your login information to any third party.
You must never use another user’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other individuals. We prohibit the creation of, and you agree that you will not create, an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
If you know or suspect that the confidentiality of your login information has been compromised, for example, by the disclosure of such information to any third party, you must immediately change your password. If you are unable to change your password, you must immediately notify us by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ownership of material on our website
All trade marks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and its content are either owned by us or licensed to us. All such rights are protected by intellectual property laws around the world, and all rights are reserved. Any use of the website and its contents, other than as specifically authorised herein, is strictly prohibited. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
- Pick & Wicks and 'Sustainable soy candles - picked and poured by you' are trademarks of Pick & Wicks.
Information and content on our website
The content on our website is not intended to be construed as advice. You must not rely on any of the content of our website for any purposes whatsoever, and you must seek your own independent professional advice before deciding to take any course of action on the basis, whether in whole or in part, of any of the content available on our website at any time.
We make no representations and provide no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, that any of the content or materials available on our website from time to time are accurate, up to date or complete.
Permitted use of materials on our website
The content on our website is provided for your personal, private and non-commercial use only. You may print or share the content from our website for lawful personal, private and non-commercial purposes, and you may also make others within your organisation aware of the content on our website. You may not otherwise extract, reproduce or distribute the content of our website without our prior written consent.
Whenever you print, download, share or pass on content from our website to others, you must not make any additions or deletions or otherwise modify any text from our website, you must not alter or change any images, media or graphics from our website in any way, you may not remove any accompanying text from such images, media or graphics, and you must ensure that all content passed on to any third party is an accurate representation of the content as it appears on our website.
Prohibited uses of our website
You are prohibited from using any robots, spiders, data mining or scraping technology or any similar third party tools for the extraction or reproduction of any data or content from our website without our prior written consent.
Whenever you pass on any content or materials from our website to anyone, you must acknowledge us as the authors of such content or materials (or any other authors wherever credited by us) at the time when you pass on such content or materials.
You must not, without our prior written consent, access, interfere with, damage or disrupt in any way our website or any part of it, our systems, any of our hardware or equipment or any networks on which our website is hosted, any software that we use to create or modify the website or to make the website available to you, or any hardware, equipment, network, server, software or technology owned or operated by us or any third party.
- for any purpose that is unlawful or that in any way breaches any applicable laws or regulations, whether local, national or international;
- for any fraudulent purposes whatsoever;
- to conduct any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or direct or indirect marketing to anyone by any means, or to otherwise spam, communicate with or market to anyone any goods, services or business not authorised by us;
- to upload, host or transmit any viruses, malware, adware, spyware, worms, Trojan horses, keystroke loggers, spyware, logic bombs, time bombs or any other harmful programs or code which could adversely affect the use or operation of the website, our hardware or systems, or the computers, tablets, phones or other devices of any users or other third parties, or to upload any content or materials containing any such content;
- to communicate with, harm or attempt to harm children in any way; or
- You must not submit any information about you to us if you are under the age of 18, or about any other person who is either:
- under the age of 18; or
- if they are aged 18 or above, where you have not received their prior written consent to submit information about them to us.
- You must not submit to us any information which is considered ‘sensitive personal information’. ‘Sensitive personal information’ is information about you or any other person which reveals your or their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or which is genetic data, biometric data, information which concerns your or their health, sex life or sexual orientation.
- If you accidentally or intentionally submit such information to us, you will be considered to have consented to our processing of that information on the basis of Article 9(2)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/769).
Viruses and other harmful content
We do not guarantee that our website does not contain viruses or other malicious software. [However, we do make reasonable efforts to prevent such viruses or bugs from being uploaded to our website. We shall not be responsible for any bugs or viruses on our website, or any software that might be transferred to your computer from our website, or any consequences which the presence or operation of such programs may have.
- You must ensure that you have in place up-to-date and effective anti-virus protection on your computer or other browsing device.
- You must not upload or otherwise introduce to our website any viruses, malware, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, keystroke loggers or any other programs or code that is harmful or malicious.
- You must not use any third parties, software or technology to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, our servers, systems, hardware, software or data.
- You must not attempt to perform any denial of service type attack on our website.
- You must not perform any action which would contravene the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- We may report any breach or suspected breach of this clause 11 (Viruses and other harmful content) to the relevant authorities and may disclose your identity.
Links to other websites
Links to third party content or websites may appear on our website from time to time. We are not responsible for the content of any websites accessible via any link(s) on our website. All content on third party websites is outside of our control, and we do not represent or warrant that such content is related to us or our website, suitable or appropriate for use or viewing, lawful or accurate.
Links to our website
You may not link to our website without our prior written consent. Where you have obtained our consent to link to our website:
- wherever you post a link to our website on any other website, you agree that you will do so in an appropriate manner, and not in any way which is defamatory or disparaging towards us, which misrepresents us or our business, or which causes any harm whatsoever to us or our business; and
- you must not link to our website in order to suggest any form of joint venture, partnership, collaboration, affiliation, business relationship, approval or endorsement in connection with us where none exists and in any event, without having first obtained our prior written consent.
- We may withdraw permission to link to our website at any time. In the event that we withdraw permission to link to our website and inform you of the same, you must immediately remove or cause to be removed any links to our website.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
- We do not exclude our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, for example, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the below limitations of liability to apply to you, the limitations will apply to you only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. If you purchase goods or services from our website, different exclusions of liability may apply. These are contained in our terms of sale.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Copyright, credit and logo
If a product is advertised at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or a supplier error we reserve the right to refuse or cancel an order whether or not said order has been confirmed. In such a case we will make you aware of this and a full refund will be given, if required (errors and omissions accepted). All prices are shown in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
We try to keep the website up to date so that items on the website are in stock. Sometimes items sell out quickly, when this happens we try our best to offer alternatives. Holding items in your basket does not secure stock, once your order has been completed your stock will be allocated. Any dates specified for delivery of goods are approximate and we shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges or expenses caused by any delay.
Making a purchase
By submitting your order you are offering to buy goods and allowing us to use your personal details for the purpose of supplying those goods. We will only pass your details onto the people who we may subcontract out to do the delivery unless we have your permission.
All online orders are confirmed by email. We will contact you by email or telephone regarding any delivery delays or payment issues.
Offers are valid for the time period stated, and unless specified for single use only. Offers giving discounts are not valid on sale products and cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
You can pay for your order by using the following; Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and PayPal. All card payments are authorised at the point of ordering which will require the cardholders full details including name, address and telephone number. These must match the exact details registered with the card user. We will not debit your card until your items are ready for dispatch. Please note for all orders placed with Handepay payment is debited directly at the time of order, before your items are shipped. In the event that the items you have ordered are out of stock, your order will be cancelled and you will be refunded immediately.